Proposal Terms & Conditions
Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles conducts business in accordance with the standards and trade customs generally accepted in the printing industry as specified by the Printing Industries of America.
- Are valid for 30 days from proposal date.
- Do not include sales tax. Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles is obligated to collect sales tax for the State of Colorado and the City of Denver. Sales tax is assessed based upon the point of exchange of final product.
- Should Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles incur a paper price increase within the 30 day time period, prices may be subject to change.
- Prepress services and proofs are as specified are included in prices. Pricing based on “print-ready” files, no manipulation necessary. Should files require additional work, Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles will do the work up to $300 without further notice. File work exceeding $300 will require the job be placed on hold until Customer is notified.
- Freight prices quoted as per delivery location specified by Customer. If no delivery location is specified, prices based on FOB Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles dock (FOB our dock).a. Freight prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed.
b. Unless otherwise specified on this Proposal, freight is quoted as dock to dock service. Additional charges may apply.
- Mail prices do not include postage, foreign mail or list purchases.
- All claims for defective or damaged goods or for shortages must be made in writing within 10 calendar days after the receipt of goods. Failure to do so shall constitute irrevocable acceptance of the goods and a waiver of any defect, damage or shortage. Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles liability shall be limited to the quoted price per copy of any defective goods, and in no event include special or consequential charges.
- Claims of invoice discrepancies must be made in writing within 30 calendar days of invoice date.
- Whether due to Publication Printers negligence, breach of contract, breach of warranty, quality issues, or any other claim at law or equity, will not exceed Publication Printers invoiced price allocable to the specific portion of the work that gave rise to the liability.
Payment terms :
Customer will be notified in writing of payment terms by Publication Image Printing in the Los Angeles Credit Department. Publication Image Printing standard terms are Net 30 pending credit approval.
Acceptance of orders is subject to credit approval. Cancelled orders require compensation for incurred costs and related obligations.
Accuracy of Specifications :
Prices quoted are based on the accuracy of the specifications provided. Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles may re-quote a job at time of submission if files do not conform to the information on which the original quote was based.
In the event of suit regarding this contract, then venue and jurisdiction shall be in the Bunker Hill, CA. The parties agree and stipulate that the terms of this contract are to be performed in said County.
Electronic Files :
It is the Customer’s responsibility to maintain a copy of the original file. Publication Image Printing is not responsible for accidental damage to media supplied by the Customer or for the accuracy of content.
Color Proofing :
Due to differences in equipment, paper, inks, monitors, etc., a reasonable variation in color between color proofs and the completed job is to be expected. When a variation of this kind occurs, it will be considered acceptable performance.
UV Coating :
Semi Matte and Rough UV coatings have a texture variation in laydown and feel from print to print due to fluctuation in our manufacturers’ materials and ingredients. Publication Printers will not be liable for this variation and will not be financially responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including lost sales and profits.
Overruns / Underruns :
Overruns or underruns will not exceed 3 percent of the quantity ordered. If Customer requires a guaranteed quantity, the percentage of tolerance must be stated at the time of quotation.
Outside Purchases :
Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, all outside purchases as requested or authorized by the Customer are chargeable.
To the extent permitted by law, customer agrees to hold Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles harmless and save, indemnify, and otherwise defend against claims, demands, actions and proceedings, on any and all grounds.
- Copyrights. Customer warrants that the subject matter to be printed is not copyrighted by a third party. The customer also recognizes that because subject matter does not have to bear copyright notice to be protected by copyright law, absence of such notice does not necessarily assure a right to reproduce. Customer further warrants that no copyright notice has been removed from any material used in preparing the subject matter for reproduction. To support these warranties, Customer agrees to indemnify and hold Publication Image Printing harmless for all liability.
- Personal or Economic Rights. Customer warrants that the work does not contain anything that is libelous or scandalous or anything that threatens anyone’s right to privacy or other personal economic rights. Customer will, at Customer’s sole expense, promptly and thoroughly defend Publication Image Printing in all legal actions on these grounds as long as
Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles:
a. Promptly notifies Customer of legal action
b. Gives Customer reasonable time to undertake and conduct a defense Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles reserves the right to refuse to print anything Publication Image Printer’s deems libelous, scandalous, improper or infringing on copyright law.
Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles will retain intermediate materials used until the related end product has been accepted by the customer. If requested by the Customer, intermediate materials will
be stored for an additional period at an additional charge. Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles is not liable for any loss or damage to stored material beyond what is recoverable by Publication Image Printing in Los Angeles’s fire and extended insurance coverage.
By signing the Proposal you, the Customer, agree to the above terms and conditions. Failure to sign and return this document to your Publication Image Printer’s representative may result in new prices and/or production delays.